Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun Fridays...my favorite things

My favorite thing is sitting on my front porch...err...walkway, I guess you would call it! AND it's something I made! A monogrammed flower pot for my fall mums!!! I can't remember where I saw this idea, I just saved the picture in my favorites "craft" file and pulled it up last weekend. This entire project takes about 45 minutes to complete so if your feeling crafty give it a shot!
You'll need a galvanized steel bucket (mine is from home depot), a black paint pen (Michael's), an decorative fall ribbon ($1.99 @ Michael's), a pot of beautiful fall mums, and a single sheet of white card stock. The first thing you need to do is print out your monogram on the computer. Choose a font that you like in the largest size that will fit on a piece of card stock and print it out. Then use an exact-o knife to cut out the letter on top of a piece of cardboard or anything thick really will do so that the knife won't hurt your counter tops or carpet...YIKES. Then "bubble" some tape to fit on the back of your letter and attach it to your pot. Trace around the letter with your black paint pen, removing the card stock letter when finished. Color in the inside of the monogram and attach your ribbon with a hot glue gun....and finito...a fun, fall monogrammed mum planter for your porch! It's just that simple. I am planning on tying a piece of ribbon around the top at Christmas and using it as a planter for my poinsettias as well. Honestly you could use it in every season by tying a different color ribbon on the top! I am all about simple these days and that's why this quick, fun project is my new favorite thing!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! Love it...you're so creative.

Rebecca said...

That is so cute! I love it

Amanda said...

So cute! I'm so jealous of your craftiness. Where do you find the time? Oh yeah, I forgot - your baby actually SLEEPS!!! Seriously, really cute. I just may have to try it.

ginny said...

Very cute. I'll have to add to my project list : )