Monday, June 23, 2008

Menu Monday

Okay all you crock pot lovers out there...pull that baby out and crank her up because have I got a super-duper, yummy & E-A-S-Y crock pot supper for you!
Personally, I fell in love with my crock pot early on in my marriage, like um

....the first year ....

while I was teaching Kindergarten and Steve was in dental school. Now don't get me wrong, I loved my job but some days I would come home worn out with absolutely no initiative to whip up a gourmet dinner for my new hubby! And of course, Steve would always come home starving because they'd been so busy with classes and study groups that he'd hardly had any time for lunch!! How much more simple and convenient can it be than to dump in some ingredients, cover it, turn it to low and Waa-Laa 8 hours later we'd have a hot, tender and delicious meal waiting for us!

BONUS, you ask?


It makes your house smell heavenly!!! So here's my crock pot version of a Southern favorite...Beef Tips!


Crock pot Beef Tips


1 1/2 Lbs. Beef Stew Meat (I buy the extra-trim for less work, and I HATE grizzle)


1 Can French Onion Soup


1 Can Diced Tomatoes, 15 oz.


1 Can Golden Mushroom Soup, undiluted


1/2 C. Sliced Onion, long and thin slices


6 oz. Sliced Fresh Mushrooms


A few twists of fresh ground pepper from your pepper mill


Combine all and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. When you're ready to serve, combine 1 T. cornstarch with just a little bit of water stirring well to incorporate. Pour into crockpot and stir allow it to thicken the gravy while you prepare your noodles or rice. We serve ours over No-Yolk Broad Egg Noodles, but you can always serve them over white rice too if you'd like. These are so yummy, you'll be drinkin' the gravy outta yer bowl!!!! Happy slurpin' :)


See I told ya I'd eventually get around to posting a supper recipe!

No comments: