Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bring Your "A" game!!!



"Coach" Alaniz and I fielded up a fun time at Cade's Sports' themed 4th Birthday party! We invited all 7 of his friends from church and celebrated numero 4 in a big way. Steve set up sports centers in the backyard complete with soccer goals, a football throw, (made out of a huge Bassett box) and a basketball toss! Despite the cold weather, the kids were excited to get out there and try everything out! I was really happy to see both the boys and girls getting into the spirit!




After talking about his party all week, it definitely lived up to all his expectations. Cade proudly sported his Mavs jersey from the game he and Steve went to with Aunt Manda, Uncle Cody and Papa. I think Cade was the first one to go outside and play games and the last one to come in. I swear that kid could live outdoors and just come inside for meals :)

Sugar Coma
We snacked on chips and dips, pecan cream cheese strawberries, chex mix and pigs in a blanket with all the dippin's! I whipped up some sports cupcakes for the kiddos! I must say piping grass icing is an experience, about half way through my hand pooped out on me and I had to take a break!!!! But luckily my kitchen side-kick Cade was cheering me on to finish them up and placing all the footballs, baseball guys, and field goals into place on top for me! I couldn't have done it without you little man :) I made a little sports themed table cloth out of a piece of kelly green felt, grosgrain ribbon a.k.a. yard lines, and iron on varsity numbers! I plan on re-using it for Super Bowl parties in the future!

Happy 4th Birthday Cade!


You make each and every day a slam dunk :)













8 comments:

Ashley said...

looked like such a FUN party!!! happy 4th birthday cade. i can't BELIEVE he is that old already! :)
hugs

Amanda said...

It WAS a fun party! Glad he enjoyed it. Bethany sure did!

Alisha Stewart said...

Landon had a such a blast and has informed me that he would miss his nap any day to go to such a fun party!

Unknown said...

We love us some Alaniz partying! Thanks for a super fun time! Happy Birthday, Cade!

ginny said...

I love it! I'm gonna have to pick your brain for boys' party themes :) I can't believe he's 4 already.

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun! Cade, I can't believe you're already 4. Time has flown by. Have fun with all your new presents.
We love you.
Amanda & Cody

Anonymous said...

Cade,
Your party was so much fun! I'm sure you will love playing with all your new toys!
You are such a sweet boy.
Remember...I love you!

Annie said...

I love the way you put the cupcakes, so creative. Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Thursday