Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back from Blogging Vacay

We'rrrree Baaaaack!!
Cade spent his official LAST WEEK of summer at my parent's home in Irving, this past week, soaking up all the Nani and Papa attention they could dish out. He had a great time feeding the ducks, visiting Chuck E. Cheese with cousin Whitney, dining at Aunt Manda's house, making homemade baggie ice cream, playing with the twins Tate & Avery, his nightly walks with Nani, playing on MY old elementary school playground, and playing more board games than you could shake a stick at!!! My Mom said he did wonderful all week and was a fun little sidekick. She's looking forward to the day Gracyn is old enough to stay a week with her brother.

While he was gone, I had the house to myself with only ONE child...man it's been awhile since I've been in that position. I almost forgot what it was like to be able to "nap when they nap" if you want to! Actually most of the time I didn't bat an eye because I was trying to complete as many projects as possible while I had the chance! Sometimes I feel guilty during the day for trying to finish my "projects". As a second time mom, when I'm not nursing or playing with Gracyn, I want to spend time with Cade. Then when I'm not spending time with Cade, I need to tend to Gracyn and thus the cycle continues and these "projects" get put on the back burner! Honestly, I don't think I went to bed before midnight any night last week!!!
My project list is sufficiently depleted:
Clean out closet...check
Take clothes to Love of Christ Center...check
Organize gifting bags/wrapping items...check
Fill Gracie's photo album...check
Catch up on Baby book...check
Watch DVR'd episodes of The Office...check
Clean out Gracyn's closet...check
Organize clothes for Just Between Friends Sale...check
Buy items for playroom redo...check
While doing all these projects, I also took a break from blogging, cooking, AND laundry! It was a busy and productive week here for me at Casita de Alaniz, but I realized that I missed my little man and was so happy when the door swung open on Friday afternoon and a little voice said..."hi mommy...it's me...Cade!"
As for Gracyn, she was busy pulling up on everything last week!
Here's a view...


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't it amazing how much you can get done with just one baby at home? And yours actually SLEEPS, so you must have had oodles of time! Glad you were so productive, but glad to see you are back to blogging, too. :)

Unknown said...

It is weird going back to just one for a few days, huh? Strange how easily we forget how it "used to" be. And then I find myself thinking..."I can't believe how busy and tired I thought I was when we only had one child, this is a walk in the park!" Glad you're back to the blog-o-sphere! Hope the playroom project went well!

ginny said...

Good to see you back! I should be depleting projects right now instead of blogging.

Robert Michael Alaniz said...

Glad to hear that all went well with Cade spending the week in your old stomping grounds. I'm sure the grandparents had a wonderful time with Cade.