Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Beautiful Blogger Award


WOW, I received my first blog award!


Thank you Jennifer,
how very thoughtful of you.
Here's how this award works:

1 - Thank and link to the person that gave you the award
2 - Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you've recently discovered
and whom you think are fantastic
{ ummm...i don't think I know 15 bloggers, but I'll do my best}
3 - Contact said blogs and let them know they've won
4 - State seven things about yourself

Spreading the LoVe to these Beauties...

Melissa @ Trcka Talk
Rebecca @ Our Online Tome
Aunt Ruthie @ Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Ginny @ 5 Texans
Melissa @ 320 Sycamore
and


You ladies bring beauty into my life
and
inspire me.

SeVeN ThInGs AbOuT Me

1. I was a perm-a-holic as an elementary student.
I would beg my Mom to perm my hair and then cry and throw a
ca-nip-shion fit
because I couldn't breathe all the way through the actual "perming" process.
The strange thing was when the lovely poodle perm would wear off,
I'd beg for another...and my Mom would DO IT.
God bless her.

2. I am a Southern Girl to the core.
I love God.
I love my family.
I love my state.
I tear up at Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA"
I love living in the heart of Texas.
I love Sonic.
I use words like CA-NIP-TION on a regular basis.
And I stop at every 5th Dairy Queen on road trips.


3. I have lots of little freckles and I love them.
They are part of who I am and when I was little my Granny Tot
told me they were angel kisses.
That when I slept at night the angels would come down from heaven,
just to kiss my face because I was so precious.
She told me that story with such conviction that I accepted
it as absolute truth till I was in 5th grade.
And now, I tell Cade and Gracyn the same story.


4. I was on drill team in high school. We were called the Toy Tigers, ha!


5. I actually enjoy cleaning my house. GASP...I could seriously vacuum
everyday if i could find the time.
I find that when my house is a mess, so is my mind!


6. My greatest joys in life are with my children.
They make me smile more, laugh more, question more, worry less,
and try more things I wouldn't normally do....and I really cherish that.


7. I have a new love in my life.
PHOTOGRAPHY
I am committed to some how finding the time
to devote to honing my skills in this area.
And well, let's be honest...if you've seen my photographs, I'm gonna need
A LOT of time.
There is just something about certain photographs that are able to capture
a moment that would have otherwise been lost forever that intrigues me.


Maybe one day I will be proud of my own.


Thanks again for the award Jennifer, I am humbled.

3 comments:

Aunt Ruthie said...

Thank you Sugar Pie Becky for the wonderful award! I am honored! I love reading your list of things about you! My favorite part was how your granny told you your freckles were angel kisses! I tell that to my two red-headed daughters. YOu are adorable, and I am so glad to meet you! Bless you and thank you ever so much again for you sweet words!
Aunt Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Awwww thank you Becky! I feel so honored that you read my blog and now an award...so sweet! Do you ever go to Round Top? If so, I would love to meet you~ Thanks again Becky...you have just made my day!

Melissa said...

Becky, thank you so much! Do you know how much your post made me miss Texas?? I can't listen to God Bless the USA without choking up either, and I can just hear and smell the fireworks whenever I hear it.