Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chicken Nugget French Fried Cake Anyone?

It's not often that my sweet boy will actually sit in one place long enough to play toys with Mommy, but yesterday was an exception! Gracyn was busying herself with the letter magnets so Cade asked if I'd like to play "little people" with him. Sound good to me, I replied. He promptly informed me that he was going to drive the BIG dump truck to collect trash and my man could drive the "widdle" dump truck and be HIS helper. So my man hopped up in his little dump truck and got to work. After a hard days work of collecting pretend trash from pretend people's curbs, Cade asked my man...
"Would you like to come over to my house for supper?
My Mom's makin' chicken nugget french fried cake for supper!"


Of course my man politely accepted, who could pass on THAT treat, and ate delicious fried cake for supper. It must have tasted good because check out the smile on his face!
Where does he get this stuff?
Next week on Menu Monday,
I'll be featuring my recipe for Fish stick macaroni and cheese pie. HA!
Only delicious fried southern cuisine served here!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad that he had some time to play with Mom. They grow up way too fast.

Unknown said...

WHY NOT CHICKEN NUGGET FRENCH FRIED CAKE??? IT HAS ALL THE FOOD GROUPS FOR HEALTHY FOUR YEAR OLDS!!!! meat,flour,sugar,.......

PaPa

Amanda said...

LOVE it!!! You'll have to have us over for some of that soon. :)